Organizational behavior is the methodical study of human behavior in organizations. It essentially focuses on the persons, the groups and the communications that take place between them within the organization. It tries to get out and underline the difficult human factors in the group by spotting causes and belongings of behavior. It aims at considerate, relating and eventually improving the attitude and behavior of individuals and groups.
Disciplines like Psychology, Sociology, Social psychology, Anthropology and Political science have added on in terms of diverse studies and theories to the field of Organizational Behaviour assignment help.
CHARACTERISTICS OF OB:-
- Humanistic Approach –Attitudes, personality, perception, values, beliefs, feelings and goals of people are its major areas of concern.
- Dynamic- OB is not static. The behavior of each individual is different and keeps changing in the organization.
- Multidisciplinary- OB involves contribution from several disciplines. It makes use of principles, theories, models and methods from various areas.
- Action Oriented- It focuses on providing useful solutions to problems that may arise while managing behavior in the organizations.
- Rely on Scientific methods- Scientific methods are used to create, evaluate and modify behavioral theories in the organization.
Satisfaction of individual and organizational needs-every employee wants to fulfill his needs through organizational activities. The organization on the other hand provides right climate for its employees so that they can work efficiently, thus organizational objectives could be attained ultimately. Individuals and organization both get benefited by each other.
LEVELS OF OB:-
The study of organizational behavior deals with the study of attitude, perception, personality, learning, values at individual level.
The study is carried out relating to managing stress, conflicts, inter-group behavior, group processes, group decision making at group level.
At organizational level managing organizational change, developing organizational culture, designing and redesigning of jobs, and various organizational development practices are required to be worked on by leaders for achieving organizational effectiveness.
KEY ELEMENTS OF OB:-
The various components that need to be undertaken while studying OB are the individuals and groups, the structure of organization, the technology and the environment.
- People- It comprises of individuals and the groups in the organization. The workforce needs to be managed efficiently. To be successful the organizations must learn what an employee wants and how they can make the employees work comfortably so that organizational objectives could be achieved.
- Structure-It refers to the official relationships between the people working in the organization. The structure can be range on a continuum of high rigidity to high flexibility.
- Technology- Technology gives people the physical and economic resources with which they work. The advantage of technology is that it makes people work in better ways, but at the same time it also limits people in various ways.
- Environment- Both external and internal environmental factors affect organizations. The relationships between employees working in the organization and the relationships with the competing organizations are crucial for the growth of the organization.